Making the change that matters.
We believe in making a positive change. Whether that’s to the businesses and clients we work with, our local community or the environment.
We pride ourselves on transparency and having open dialogue with our team to ensure that the business meets our team's and stakeholder’s expectations for a responsible and ethical employer. Our approach encompasses:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Charity and local community initiatives
- Environmental initiatives
Diversity and inclusion
As a business services firm, we rely on our team to build relationships and deliver exceptional services to our clients, helping them to reach the best possible outcomes and achieve their aspirations.
We know that to form these relationships, we need teams that are fresh thinking and attuned to problem solving, which we believe true diversity encourages.
Therefore, we are on a mission to provide a stable and supportive working environment, which values every team member for who they are.
To achieve this and to attract the best talent, regardless of background, we are an equal opportunities employer. This means we ensure that no employee, worker or job applicant is subject to unlawful discrimination, either directly or indirectly.
Furthermore, to ensure an inclusive environment, we have many internal committees that team members can be a part of, and in which we encourage the team to share their opinions and suggestions for the improvement of the business. The Team Liaison Committee (TLC) is one such committee, which collect ideas, questions and suggestions from non-partner team members for the enhancement of working practices and staff well-being. Recommendations are then made to the Executive Board on initiatives and other matters to be considered for implementation. Successful initiatives that have come out of the TLC include enhanced maternity and paternity leave and internal strategies to promote and improve mental health awareness within the business.
Charity and local community initiatives
We regularly support smaller charities, such as The Red Rubber Ball Foundation, The Anne Frank Trust, Rays of Sunshine and Future Dreams by sponsoring charity event programmes.
Every year we also attend school careers events to give students an insight into life at a business services firm and to promote awareness of the accountancy profession to GCSE/A level students.
The top priority for our environmental policy is to reduce waste and mitigate our environmental impact. Examples of our initiatives include:
- Reducing our use of paper by encouraging the team to go paperless where possible;
- Reducing our single use plastic consumption by replacing single-use water bottles with glass alternatives and providing employees with reusable coffee cups;
- Encouraging recycling and ensuring we have recycling points across the office; and
- Having a single City based presence. We have downsized from offices across two locations to a single City presence. This has been done to unify our team and encourage an inclusive environment aligned to our brand ethos. We now have two offices in the City that use hot-desks and a robust “Work from Home” policy to accommodate the change in working practices.