Why Gerald Edelman?

Every year countless individuals, landlords and investors end up paying an inflated tax bill because they fail to offset key liabilities with the help of an experienced Capital Gains Tax accountant. 

At Gerald Edelman, we help clients plan the disposal of properties, businesses stocks and shares, paintings and other valuable assets. Our clients always rest assured knowing that no stone is left unturned when it comes to identifying viable opportunities for them to save on Capital Gains Tax – whether through chargeable gain reductions, professional fees, enhancement expenditure or tax-deductible allowances and reliefs.

Plus, our accountants offer complete transparency over fixed costs upfront, giving you complete peace of mind that an expert advisor will be managing your tax obligations for a fair price. Get in touch via the ‘Contact’ button above to arrange a free initial consultation, or discover more about the Capital Gains Tax services we offer below.

How can our Capital Gains Tax accountants help?

Chargeable gain reductions icon

Chargeable gain reductions

We look closely at the history of your assets to determine whether any incidental costs of acquisitions and disposals, enhancement fees or professional service fees can be deducted from your CGT bill.

Tax reliefs icon

Tax reliefs

There are many designated tax reliefs available that may help you to offset the cost of Capital Gains Tax, including Gift Relief, Private Residence Relief, Lettings Relief and Business Asset Disposal Relief (Formally Entrepreneurs’ Relief), to name just a few.

Disposal of buy-to-let properties icon

Disposal of buy-to-let properties

Landlords often pay more Capital Gains Tax than necessary when selling a buy-to-let property. We can advise you on the best ways to reduce your tax exposure in keeping with evolving tax laws. In most cases where you sell a property, you will not be required to report the disposal and pay any CGT within 30 days. We will be able to assist you in this process should you require help.

What happens next?

If you’re planning to sell a valuable asset or property then it always pays to talk through your situation with an experienced accountant to get a clear picture of your available options.

As Head of our Tax team, Amal Shah specialises in capital gains tax deductions and is renowned for his exceptional client service and meticulous eye for detail. He regularly advises a diverse client base, from high-net-worth individuals and personal tax clients to non-resident landlords.

We’d be happy to arrange a free consultation with you over the phone or at our Cornhill office in the City of London – simply fill in the enquiry form above or contact us on +44 (0)20 7299 1400 to speak to one of our capital gains tax advisors.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. We work closely with individuals to determine whether they need to pay capital gains tax, or any other tax, on any significant disposal or acquisition. In the event that CGT is applicable then we can help to minimise your tax exposure and find an optimal solution through careful tax planning. Get in touch with one of our experienced accountants to talk through your personal situation in more detail as part of a free consultation.

Yes, there are many assets that may not be subject to capital gains tax, including charitable gifts, asset transfers between married couples, private and vintage cars, low-value possessions or the sale of your primary residence. However, this is a non-exhaustive list and you should speak to a capital gains tax accountant if you are in any doubt about your liabilities.

To speak to our team, call us or send us a message using the following form and we will be in touch.

T: +44 (0)20 7299 1400