Creating a private charity
Private charities allow high net worth individuals to provide flexibility and control over their charitable donations whilst also engaging their families in philanthropy, enabling the family to leave a legacy and provide benefits to society as a whole.
This fact sheet provides insight into creating a private charity alongside the benefits for both the charity and the family. We cover:
- What a private charity is
- How to register
- Structures of charitable organisations
- Timings and costs to consider
- The advantages of creating a private charity
- The financial benefits for both the charity and the individual.