Welcome to The Property Round, keeping those in the industry up to date with the latest insights, news, and advice.
They say that as one door opens another one opens, and while the 21st June “Freedom Day” was no longer the final stage of England’s re-opening, it does mark the official beginning of summer in the UK – with so many summer days (well we hope!) and unmissable moments just around the corner.
How is the year 2021 turning out so far for the property market in England? We believe it is influenced in three parts dictated by the stamp duty holiday, the effect of the current restrictions on people’s desire to move on one hand and their household finances on the other end, and, thirdly, the rollout of the vaccination programme. We have spoken to many solicitors over the past few weeks and they all say they have been inundated with the pressures to complete due to the desire to beat the stamp duty holiday deadline which has helped sustain activity in the first quarter of 2021 to extend into the second quarter too.
Read this edition for the latest information on:
- Property sector update
- Employed or self-employed advice for contractors by Richard Clutterbuck, The Guild
- A second look at New Look by Dan Butler and Nick Levy, Trowers and Hamlins LLP
- UK government extends moratorium on commercial rents but what does this mean for rents? By Richard Kleiner, CEO of Gerald Edelman
- Simplifying VAT land exemption by Richard Staunton, VAT Partner, Gerald Edelman
- Super deduction now available for property developers, by Amal Shah, Tax Director, Gerald Edelman
- Five UK property international tax tips by Sonal Shah, International Tax Partner, Gerald Edelman
- Optimism returns to the prime central London property market by Martyn Green, Landstones Estate Agents.
The Property Round brings the latest insights, news, and advice to those working in the industry, from investors and landlords to construction site owners and estate agents.
For advice on any of the articles discussed contact our partners or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the newsletter hereBack to top